The City of Huntsville is served by one interstate and several state highways that provide the basic framework of transportation facilities in the area. The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) maintains the state roadways located in the area, and the City of Huntsville maintains roadways that are not part of the state system. Local roads range from a four-lane interstate highway to two-lane local streets.
- Future Interstate 14: The Central Texas Corridor will pass through Bryan College Station, Huntsville, Livingston, and several other cities.
- Interstate 45: I-45 travels from Dallas to Houston and is a home on the highway for Huntsville.
- State Highway 30: SH 30 spans from College station to SH 19 in Huntsville, located between I-45 and US 190 (Phelps Dr).
- State Highway 75: SH 75 passes through the Heart of Huntsville and coincides with Sam Houston Avenue, a main street within the city.
- State Highway 190: SH 190 splits with SH 6, turning northeast and merging with SH 21, and traveling along nearby cities including Madisonville, before meeting I-45 leading to Huntsville and into East Texas.
- Bruce Bros. Huntsville Municipal: A public aviation center serving more than 20,000 aircrafts a year, owned by the City of Huntsville. This airport features a 5000 foot runway with a full service terminal to access the surrounding counties in Walker County.
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH): One of the largest airports in the nation located less than an hour from Huntsville. From Interstate 45 take North Beltway 8 to the East and follow the signs. From US 59 take North Beltway 8 and travel to the west and follow the signs.
- William P. Hobby Airport (HOU): An international airport serving Houston located 7 miles from downtown Houston. Opening in 1969, it is the oldest airport in Houston and the second busiest.
- Port of Houston: The port of Houston is located 98 miles (1.5 hours) from Huntsville.
I-45 Central Walker County Project
- For information on the I-45 Central Walker County Project please follow this link.
Brazos Transit District
- Demand and Response: A shared ride curb to curb service for individuals who are either non-disabled or disabled. With no destination restrictions the transit can take you anywhere you want to go within their service area.
- Monday-Friday 6AM to 6PM. For scheduling and route information call 979-778-4480 or toll free 800-272-0039.