Zoom Virtual Appearance
The Court holds a virtual hearing docket once a month, via Zoom. Court participants who are unable to appear in person may contact the court to find out if they are eligible to request a virtual hearing.
If you intend to offer any exhibits or evidence during a hearing, you need to email them to the court at email@example.com no later than 4 pm the day before the hearing. The subject of the email should be the citation or cause number. The documents should be in a PDF format. The court may not consider any exhibits/evidence not emailed to the court in a timely manner.
Virtual Courtrooms are the same as Actual Courtrooms
ALL THE SAME RULES AND PROCEDURES APPLY
Technology Requirements to Appear virtual:
- A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.) that is equipped with audio/video capabilities.
- A fast and stable internet connection
- A working email address; you may need to email images or documents for the Judge’s review. You will be required to receive documents by email after your hearing and digitally sign and return them.
- You will be required to provide the court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure future successful contact with the court.
- If participating from a smart device, you can either connect through the Zoom app from either the Google Play Store or Apple's App Store or by browsing to www.zoom.us via your Internet browser. The ZOOM app is free to download and free to use.
ZOOM MEETING ID 892 444 2490
Join link: https://txcourts.zoom.us/j/8924442490
Resolve your case prior to court:
If you would like to discuss options for handling your case prior to court, contact the court at (936) 291-5476 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions For Attending a Virtual Hearing
To participate in a virtual hearing, you MUST have scheduled the virtual hearing with the court to access your hearing. If you have not scheduled a virtual hearing, you will need to do so. Please be patient; you may have a considerable wait time. Many people think that virtual hearings will be faster than in-person hearings, but this is not the case.
This is a virtual courtroom; however, proper courtroom etiquette and attire are to be followed or your hearing will be terminated.
Instructional video: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Zoom-meeting
To Join The Meeting:
- No invitation will be sent to you to join the meeting; it is your responsibility to join the meeting when it is time for your hearing
- Go to www.Zoom.us
- Click “Join Meeting”
- Enter the meeting number and your first and last name
- Connect with Audio and Video
- If you see the " / " through the microphone symbol in the bottom left corner, click on the symbol to be heard.
- If you see a " / " symbol through the video camera in the bottom left corner, click on the symbol to be seen.
To join a breakout room:
- If you receive a pop-up notification to join a breakout room, such as the Prosecutor or the Paperwork Room, you must click the blue “Join” button.
- Once you are ready to leave the breakout room, hit the blue “Leave” button.
- If you choose the option to “Leave Meeting” you will be disconnected from the call.
- If you choose the option to “Leave the Breakout Room” you will be placed back into the main room with the Court Clerk and Judge.
- To rejoin a 2nd time, click the “Breakout Room” option and rejoin.
After your hearing has ended:
You will be required to sign the court paperwork and return it to the court as soon as you disconnect from the hearing. We must receive it before 5:00 pm the day of your hearing.
Any required payments must be made that day by phone with a credit or debit card. Please note that a 2.5% transaction fee will apply and the cardholder must be the person to make the payment. Payments can be made by phone at (936) 291-5476.
If Deferred Disposition or Driving Safety Course is ordered, you will be required to submit your driver's license and auto insurance card, via email, at email@example.com or by fax at (936) 295-8097.