Zoom Virtual Appearance
The Court holds a virtual hearing docket once a month, via Zoom. Court participants who are unable to appear in person may request a Zoom hearing. If you want to request a virtual hearing, you must contact the court to find out if you are eligible to make this request.
If you intend to offer any exhibits or evidence during a hearing, you need to email them (1) all parties and (2) the court at email@example.com no later than 4pm the day before the hearing. The subject of the email should be the full cause number. The documents must be in a PDF format. The court may not consider any exhibits/evidence not emailed to the court in a timely manner.
Virtual Courtrooms are the same as Actual Courtrooms
ALL THE SAME RULES AND PROCEDURES APPLY
Technology Requirements to Appear virtual:
- A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.) that is equipped with audio/video capabilities.
- A fast and stable internet connection
- A working email address; you may need to email images or documents for the Judge’s review.
- You will be required to provide the court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure future successful contact with the court.
- If participating from a smart device, you can either connect through the Zoom app from either the Google Play Store or Apple's App Store or by browsing to www.zoom.us via your Internet browser. The ZOOM app is free to download and free to use.
ZOOM MEETING ID 892 444 2490
Join link: https://txcourts.zoom.us/j/8924442490
Scheduled ZOOM meeting information:
If you are unable to attend your hearing virtually or would like to discuss options for handling the case prior to court, you may contact the court at (936)291-5476 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have access to the internet you can participate by telephone by calling (346)248-7799 and entering Meeting ID 892 444 2490.
For questions about our virtual hearings, contact court staff at (936) 291-5476 during our business hours of Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Instructions For Attending a Virtual Hearing
To participate in a virtual hearing, you MUST have a virtual hearing scheduled with the court to access your hearing. If you have not scheduled a virtual hearing, you will need to do so. Once this is scheduled, you will be able to access it. Please be patient; you may have a considerable wait time.
This is a virtual courtroom; however, proper courtroom etiquette and attire are to be followed or your hearing will be terminated.
Instructional video: https://youtu.be/-s76QHshQnY
To Join The Meeting:
- No invitation will be sent to you to join the meeting; it is your responsibility to join the meeting on the date and time of your hearing
- Go to www.Zoom.us
- Click “Join Meeting”
- Change display to reflect your first and last name
- Click “Join with internet audio” button
- If you see the " / " through the microphone symbol in the bottom left corner, click on the symbol to be heard.
- If you see a " / " symbol through the video camera in the bottom left corner, click on the symbol to be seen.
To join a breakout room:
- Once you receive a pop-up notification to join a breakout room, you must click the blue “Join” button.
- Once you are ready to leave the breakout room, hit the blue “Leave” button.
- If you choose the option to “Leave Meeting” you will be disconnected from the call.
- If you choose the option to “Leave the Breakout Room” you will be placed back into the main room with the Court Clerk, Judge, or Prosecutor.
- To rejoin a 2nd time, click the “Breakout Room” option and rejoin.
After your hearing has ended:
You will be required to sign the court paperwork and get it back to us as soon as possible. We must receive it before 5:00 pm the day of your hearing.
If Deferred Disposition or Driving Safety Course is ordered, you will be required to submit your driver's license and auto insurance card, via email, at email@example.com or by fax at (936) 295-8097. You will also be required to submit the applicable payment due immediately by calling the Court at (936) 291-5476 and paying by phone with a credit or debit card unless otherwise ordered by the Judge.
Any required payments must be made that day by phone with a credit or debit card. Please note that a 2.5% transaction fee will apply and the cardholder must be the person to make the payment. Payments can be made by phone at (936) 291-5476.
If a payment plan is ordered, you will be required to make the initial payment owed immediately after your virtual hearing by calling the Court at (936) 291-5476 unless otherwise specified by the Judge.