Only 40.9 percent of Huntsville residents have responded to the 2020 Census as of July 22.
That means Census Takers will begin visiting nearly 60% of Huntsville-area homes starting in August!
Want to avoid a knock on the door? Drop by the Huntsville Housing Authority office next week and be counted!
Census staff will be onsite from 1-4 pm each afternoon to help area residents respond to the Census. Plus, all attendees get a free treat and each respondent will be entered to win a $20 gift card in a daily drawing.
This event is open to the public; mask and social distancing guidelines will be observed.
- When: 1 to 4 pm daily, Mon., July 27 through Fri., July 31
- Where: Huntsville Housing Authority Office front lobby; 724 Thomason St., Huntsville, Tx., 77320
- What: Census staff will be onsite to help Huntsville-area residents respond to their 2020 Census
- Daily Giveaways: Attendees get free a candy or ice cream treat and Census respondents are entered to win a $20 Gift Card, courtesy of Brookshire Brothers. Five $20 gift cards total; one drawing per day
- Why: Encouraging Census self-response helps boost Huntsville’s response rate and reduce the number of Census takers going door-to-door starting in August.
Residents who can’t make the event are still encouraged to respond online at 2020Census.gov, via phone at 844-330-2020, or using their paper questionnaire.