Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Do NOT move or drive around barricades - obey law enforcement officers' directions
HPD is reporting the following flooded streets and/or intersections. Do NOT move or drive around barricades. Obey law enforcement directions if an officer is present. HPD is working to get barricades up and relieve officers to additional locations. Turn Around, Don't Drown! No evacuations have been issued, residents are encouraged to stay home if it's possible to do so safely.
- In Spring Lake - flooding reported at Winter Way at Summer Lane; the 3900 block of Summer Lane near the dam is not passable
- U.S. Highway at Persimmon near Highway19, headed east, high water on the roadway expected to become impassable
- 11th Street in front of new HEB expected to become impassable shortly
- Near the SHSU stadium, flood gates remain closed, avoid low lying areas at Bobby K. Marks Drive at Bearkat Boulevard.
- Elkins Lake:
- Cherry Hills near the post office
- 900 block of Cherry Hills
- Greenbriar near Quail Hollow
- River Oaks by tennis courts
- River Oaks at Broadmoor by soccer fields
End of list at 8:35 a.m., 8/27/17