Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Beginning Monday, September 4, Labor Day, the City's Solid Waste Division will resume picking up on their regular schedule.
We urge all customers with large tree limbs, yard waste, storm debris, or heavy trash to call the Solid Waste Division at 936-294-5712 and be placed on their pick up schedule. This will assist the Solid Waste Division and Code Enforcement during the clean up process.
Below is the schedule for Sept. 4-8:
Monday (9/4 - Labor Day): Regular trash pick-up schedule. Green garbage cans will be picked up, along with bagged garbage placed next to cart.
Tuesday (9/5): Regular trash pick-up schedule. Green garbage cans will be picked up, along with bagged garbage placed next to cart.
Wednesday (9/6): Regular yard waste pick-up. For pick-up of anything other than yard waste, such as heavy limbs or large trash or excessive amounts of yard waste, call 936-294-5712. See Yard Waste specifics below. (1st/3rd/5th Wednesdays of each month are yard waste pick up - 2nd/4th Wednesdays of each month are heavy trash & large yard waste pick up)
Thursday (9/7): Regular recycling pick-up schedule. Blue bins will be picked up.
Friday (9/8): Regular recycling pick-up schedule. Blue bins will be picked up.
For questions, please call the Solid Waste Division at 936-294-5712.
Yard waste is classified as leaves, grass, pine needles, yard clippings and small brush, items referred to as “green waste.” The total number of paper compostable-bagged, canned, or bundled yard waste items is limited to twelve (12) per household per collection day. All yard waste materials must be placed within two (2) feet of street’s edge no later than 6:00 a.m. on the morning of the scheduled pick-up.
Yard waste such as leaves, grass, pine needles or small clippings must be:
(1) Bagged in paper compostable bags or placed in personal garbage cans (not to exceed 32 gallons);
(2) Cannot exceed 50 pounds each;
(3) City-issued garbage and recycling carts cannot be filled with yard waste.
Tree limbs and brush must be:
(1) No longer than four (4) feet in length;
(2) Limbs no larger than four (4) inches in diameter;
(3) Must be tied securely in bundles which cannot exceed two (2) feet in diameter and can’t exceed 50 pounds each.
The following items and locations DO NOT qualify for Yard Waste pick-up:
(1) Household garbage of any kind;
(2) Anything other than green waste: NO flower pots, fertilizer, mulch, bags, dirt, potting soil, sand, rock, gravel, etc.
(3) Commercial businesses or commercially generated yard waste.
You can also bring your City utility bill showing that you pay for garbage service and dispose of your yard waste at the City Transfer Station free of charge. This excludes commercial customers, yard waste contractors, and lawn service providers. The customer must be present with their current City garbage bill at the time of disposal.
For more information on yard waste trimming collection services, contact the Solid Waste Division at (936) 294-5712.