Permitting fees for emergency plumbing repairs are being waived for the next two weeks following the winter weather emergency that was declared by the Mayor on Sunday, February 14, 2021.
City Manager Aron Kulhavy said waiving the fees for emergency plumbing repairs for the next two weeks is the right thing to do for citizens that have already taken a hard hit. Remember that in some cases you still need a permit and should always use a licensed plumber to make repairs.
If you see any leaks around the city, please call 936-294-5700 immediately.
The following will not require permits or inspections;
• Repair of plumbing water supply systems caused by freeze bursting when the repairs are made with like materials as the damaged system.
• Installation of repair kits for irrigation back flow devices.
• Repair to drywall damaged by burst pipes or drywall removed to access freeze damaged plumbing systems.
The following repairs will require permits and inspections;
• Repairs to damaged water supply systems caused by freeze bursting when the repairs are made with dissimilar materials as the damaged system or the repairs require more than 25% replacement of the system.
• Repairs that involves relocating plumbing fixtures or reconfigured plumbing systems.
• Replacement of irrigation back flow devices.
• Repair of any structural damage related to frozen plumbing systems.
• Repairs to any commercial facilities.