Our PurposeThe purpose of the Human Resources Department is to provide information regarding policies, procedures, employment
- Attract and develop a diverse group of talented people who share a commitment to our core values of professionalism, respect, results, teamwork
andpartnerships and who will provide the highest quality of service to our citizens.
- Ensure all personnel policies are carried out in an equitable manner and is responsible for the City's compliance with State and Federal Statutes involving personnel management.
- Responsible for coordination of both retirement and benefits.
- Ensures equal employment to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability and strives to provide every employee the opportunity to advance and realize their maximum potential.
- Responsible for risk management to include worker's compensation, safety, and property and liability claims. Click here to file a claim. Para
formaen espanol oprima aqui.
Become Part of Our Team Before applying for a position with the City of Huntsville, please review these guidelines:
- The city only accepts completed applications when a specific employment notice of a job vacancy is posted.
- You may submit a resume in addition to your application, but resumes will not substitute for a completed application.
- When positions are posted "Open Until Filled", this means that the hiring manager can choose to stop the collection of applications at the point that he/she is ready to begin the interview process.
- If no candidates are selected, the position may be posted again.
- The City of Huntsville will contact (either by telephone, e-mail or mail) the applicant(s) selected for personal interviews. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to contact each applicant by phone.
- If you wish to be considered for future positions, you must submit a new application for each position.