Online DatabasesHuntsville Public Library provides a
Unlike the information often found by searching the Internet with a search engine, the information obtained from these databases is thorough, up to date, and accurate. The Library's database collection includes resources for adults from a variety of educational and career backgrounds, including Spanish-language tools, as well as resources for children of all ages.
The Texas State Library offers an extensive set of free online databases for library cardholders. Categories include academic research, books and literature, science and technology, homework help, genealogy and history, and health and medicine. To obtain the login and password to access these databases, please call the Library at
To access these databases, simply click on the icons above.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The following are free databases from TexShare by category.
Pronunciator provides both guided and self-directed instruction for 80 foreign
Pronunciator uses a variety of tools (e.g., drills, quizzes, live online
conversation classes, feature films, streaming music with lyrics, poetry, plays,
culture notes, etc.) to provide 360-degree exposure to a language within a
safe, structured learning environment.
- All EBSCO
- EBSCO MasterFile Premier
- Newspaper Source
Education & Career Development
- LearningExpress Library - LearningExpress Library features nearly 1,000 online tutorials, practice tests, and eBooks to help patrons of all ages. It offers job search and workplace skills improvement, skill building in reading, writing, math, and basic science, career certification and licensure exam prep, college and grad school entrance test prep, GED® test prep, and more.
- LearningExpress Library Job & Career Accelerator - Whether you’re looking to find a new job in your current field or pursue a career in an exciting new industry, Job & Career Accelerator™ has the powerful tools and expert guidance to help you through every step of the process.
History & Genealogy
- American Indian Histories and Cultures
- The American West
- EBSCO Texas Reference Center
- Bibliography of Native North Americans
- HeritageQuest Online
- Texas Digital Sanborn Maps
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center
- Home Improvement Reference Center
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center
Health & Medical
Books & Literature
- Book Review Digest Plus
- eBooks on EBSCOhost
- Essay and General Literature Index
- Humanities Full-text
- Literary Reference Center
- WorldCat Texas Group Catalog
- Play Index
- Short Story Index